thaw

Deep
footprints sunk in swift mud,
tire treads of a season
shedding loneliness like
unneeded garments by an
open door, shameless
and dripping and pre-
possessed. Beauty
unleashed with the
ferocity of tightly strung
pearls
suddenly set free from
a shapely neck,
tossed violently
to a ne’er-do-well of a wind
beside a skirt
puddled brashly on
cold stone.
Skin
braised
with gooseflesh
from the nascent breeze,
her secret
petals
unfold.

1. How erotic and sensual the gifts of spring you give! I’m always delighted to come knocking at your door for visit here 😉

Monty / bummy

March 23, 2011 at 9:07 am

• Monty, thanks for stopping by; the pleasure’s all mine 🙂

March 23, 2011 at 3:59 pm

2. honeyhaiku

Wow, sheer beauty mingles with the sensual!

March 23, 2011 at 9:08 am

• I’m glad to hear you say that–it’s exactly what I was going for! 🙂
      Cheers.

March 23, 2011 at 4:00 pm

3. i need a shower…and i think the pearls might have rolled into the closet…if you are looking for them…

March 23, 2011 at 2:12 pm

• lol, brian. don’t exaggerate! 😉

March 23, 2011 at 4:01 pm

4. dustus

Fierce and revealing. Hints of frenzy amid snapped pearl necklaces and flower openings. Judging by the comments, I’d say you achieved your artistic intent. The short lines, especially the ones with just one word, are very effective.

March 23, 2011 at 4:55 pm

5. earthy and sensual… very nice!

March 23, 2011 at 9:40 pm

6. Very effective use of words to bring create strong imagery and feelings with minimal words.

March 23, 2011 at 10:12 pm

7. I love the image of the taut necklace exploding from a shapely neck to seed and braise the earth’s skin with the gooseflesh of Spring.

My goodness what a wordsmith you are, Joanna.

Also, thanks for coming to my site to read my verbose poem about writer’s block. I think I fooled some folks there.

OneLove–Tiger Windwalker

March 23, 2011 at 10:43 pm

8. As we turn away from winter it is as if we discover senses we’d lost.
    Excellent poem siubhan

March 23, 2011 at 10:47 pm

9. Woww.. LOVED the raw feel to this one, Siubhan… the wordplay was really awesome! Made it all too visual… like a scene playing in my mind.. TOO GOOD!!!

March 24, 2011 at 6:10 am

10. I loved the feeling this invoked. It has a wonderful draw and pull to it. It’s a great write.

March 24, 2011 at 8:23 am

11. Thanks, everyone, for reading and for your kind comments– you all are the best!

Tiger– You are too kind! And it was my pleasure to visit.

Richard, exactly. Like awakening after a hibernation…

Kavita– “too good”? lol. 🙂 hugs, my friend.

Apryl– “earthy” and “sensual”–just how I would describe it myself. 🙂

dustus– your comments always feel a little like a professional critique. Thanks so much.

Carl, Fool– ‘preciate it.

Cheers.

March 24, 2011 at 4:04 pm

12. Brendan

A fine, fine, let-er-rip spring poem. I love the abandonment of it, careless and free after so much girdled sequestering. A naked romp, which is exactly what spring is. – Brendan

March 24, 2011 at 4:15 pm

• rightly said, Brendan! 🙂

March 24, 2011 at 8:33 pm

13. Ah!!! Sensuous with meanings that can be attributed to a lot of things other than the desires that it arises within the heart to feel, see and touch….
    I enjoyed the feeling of it all attached to the season too…
    Loved your words…